The Shift Aotearoa Conference 2019 will bring housing sector actors together to spark collaborative action for one of Aotearoa New Zealand’s most urgent problems.
Policy makers and officials across government, iwi, community housing practitioners, Māori housing providers, researchers, analysts, and those delivering housing from the ground up – builders, architects, the construction sector, finance providers, planners, philanthropists, and front-line staff – will join community representatives and rangatahi Māori for three days of learning, networking, and solution creation for fixing Aotearoa New Zealand’s housing delivery system.
Sparked by the latest research from Building Better Homes, Towns and Cities Ko Ngā wā Kāinga hei Whakamāhorahora National Science Challenge and international researchers, and case studies from community housing practitioners in Aotearoa New Zealand, the conference will seek to develop a platform for cross-sector action.
"It’s the participants who will make this Conference a success, bringing their skills and experience to provide housing solutions."
New knowledge for housing action
5th – 7th June 2019
Te Papa, Wellington
Key Features of the 2019 Conference
- Leilani Farha, UN Special Rapporteur on the right to adequate housing will deliver a keynote video address on #theshift (www.unhousingrapp.org/the-shift) (Leilani to be confirmed)
- Paul Hunt, Chief Commissioner, NZ Human Rights Commission
- Moana Jackson keynote on Te Tiriti o Waitangi Rights, Human Rights
- Māori Housing Think-Tank hui
- Professor Christine Whitehead, London School of Economics, Professor Emeritus in Housing Economics keynote address
- Australasian Housing Institute Professional Excellence in Housing Awards Dinner by Housing New Zealand
- SNUGHome display, by PrefabNZ
Programme of Events
Learn more about the three day programme of events
Register Online now for this important conference
Keep In Touch
Stay up-to-date with important anouncements regarding this event
The Shift Aotearoa Conference 2019 welcomes you to Wellington
We look forward to seeing you in June!
Kaumātua Resident, Moa Crescent Kaumātua Village, Rauawaawa Kaumātua Charitable Trust
Rangatahi research, Te Noho Kotahitanga, Tāmaki Makaurau